Generally used for fence hire, a 'Length' can be set up against an item (e.g. Fence Panel) and the 'Total Length Required' entered in the Booking/Invoice line to calculate the number of items (panels) required.
How to set up item length
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Setup > Items.
- Click an item to edit.
- Click the "Other" tab in the item details screen.
- Enter a numeric value in the "Length" field.
- Scroll down and click "Save Changes".
Enter length required for job
- In the Booking/Invoice screen, add the item to the job as normal via the "Code" column.
The "Total Length Required" section will appear.
- Enter a numeric value in the length required.
The "Qty/Items" value is automatically calculated based on the panel length and total length required for the job.