Meter Readings (Overview)
If you have any of your items that are charged based on usage, or need to be serviced after a set amount of usage,
You can set your items as a Metered item.
Setting an item as a Metered Item
- Go to Setup > Items > Edit Item
- Click the Configuration section below
- Tick the Metered checkbox.
What does this do?
Once an item is flagged as a Metered item when it's dispatched it will prompt you with a blue popup on the sales record screen to enter in a Metered From if one does not exist.
On return, you will also get a prompt to fill in a Metered To.
This also allows you to setup charges based on the meter reading.
- To do this, you'll need to create a new Selling Unit, then click into the Metered tab.
- Tick the Meter unit checkbox.
- After you've created the new selling unit, you'll then need to edit your metered item and go to the Rates/prices tab, add the new metered unit and specify a charge per meter unit.
- Add this item to an invoice, once it's been returned, you'll get a prompt to fill in the Metered To.
- To get HirePOS to Autocalc your charge unit, you will need to click on the Meter readings option above the item lines.
- Then, verify your Meter from and Meter To is correct.
- click on the Copy meter usage to dropdown, and select the metered item in that dropdown. This will copy the usage into the "Charge" column.
- Click save changes, and your item will autocalc based on your Selling Unit settings.
Minimum Meter Charge
You can also specify a minimum meter charge by editing the selling unit you created earlier, going into the Metered tab, then specifying a Meter Minimum this will cause HirePOS to charge this amount as a minimum, regardless of usage.
Excess Meter Charges
Excess charges mean that HirePOS won't charge for the meter reading until it gets past the excess value.
It requires a bit more setup, so we recommend having a look at this Help doc.
You can also schedule in maintenance records based on meter readings, so this is useful for machinery or vehicles that need to be services after a set amount of hours or Kilometres.
See this help doc for more info.