Hire Item/Asset Disposal (Selling Hire Items)
Hire Items are typically disposed as a result of selling the asset, or due to damage or theft. When selling hire items, there are a number of attributes that need to be recorded.
Set up a sales unit for hire items
For selling hire items, it is best to set up another Selling Unit specifically for this purpose.
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Setup > Item Related > Selling Units.
- Click New Selling Unit.
- Enter a descriptive name in the Unit Description field, e.g. Sold.
- Click the Other tab.
- Check the Hire Item Sales Unit checkbox.
- Click the Save New button.
- It is best to keep this Sold unit down low in the Selling Units sort order. On the Selling Units List screen there is a Sort Units link towards the bottom. Click this link and drag the Sold unit to the bottom, then click Save Changes.
Set up sell prices for your hire items
Next, you will need to set up sell prices for your hire items where you can. This isn't a requirement, but if you can set up the prices where you can, it will be much more efficient for staff at the time of sale.
Refer to the Item Prices / Rates help doc for information on assigning prices to Items/Units.
Selling hire items
- Add the Hire item to an Invoice with a Selling Unit that is the Hire Item Sales Unit, i.e. the Sold unit you have set up in the previous steps. The price will default to the Sold price that you set up previously. You can overwrite this price as required.
- In the Item Setup details, you will need to make the item inactive via the Options button located at the top right.
In the Purchase/Disposal tab in the Item Setup details, you can optionally enter in the disposal details such as the Disposal Date and Price Sold.
Please refer to the Damage Charges help doc.