Item Groups (Master Records)
Group Codes are for pools of similar hire items that are reasonably identical and are interchangeable. Only singular hire items can be added to a group. Item Group (Master Records) allow certain attributes and prices to be applied across all of the items within the group.
How to Create a Item Group Master Record
- Go to Setup > Item Related > Item Groups (Master Records).
- Click the New Group button to create a new Master Record.
- Enter in a unique Group Code for the group (15 Characters Max).
- Change one of the fields below to make changes to all items with that group code.
- Add a Description, this will be the name of the Master Record.
- Add an Item type. This is required.
There are additional fields that can be changed below, and changing one of these fields will update ALL items that are a part of the Master Record, so make sure everything is correct before you save!
This is a message that will appear internally for staff members, when they add any item with the Master Record's group code to a sales record.
This is a message that will appear internally for staff members, when they return any item with the Master Record's group code on sales record.
A message that appears to the customer on their invoice in Italics, underneath the item.
A message that appears to the customer on their Delivery/Pickup docket in Italics, underneath the item.
Ticking this box will flag ALL Items in the Master Record's group code as Metered.
See this help-doc for details.
Pre/Post Inspection Checklist
You can select a Pre or Post inspection checklist for all items in the Master-Record here.
This section is for setting a Service interval for all items on the master record, which is used for the Onsite Service schedule and for inspection checklists that are done at regular intervals.
Uncheck this, before saving if not required.
Configure the rates/prices just as you would in the Item setup. If there are any Unit/Prices for items in the group that are not in the master record, then you will see an Update or remove badge warning you that the Unit/Price is not consistent with the group and needs to be either updated or removed altogether.
To remove a Unit/Price from the Group, click the :: popup menu to the left of the Unit column, and choose the Remove Line option. You will see a To be removed red badge appear.
When you are done, click Save Changes.
If you save without checking this box, only the Group (Master) record details will be saved.
Adding Existing Item to a Group
- If you have an existing item you wish to add to a Master Records, go to Setup > Items and edit the item.
- Click the Code+ expandable. And select a Group Code via the dropdown. this will only show existing Master Records.
Adding new items to a group
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Setup > Items to show the Items List.
- Go to the Hire (Grouped) tab.
- Click the +New Item Button next to the master record you wish to add a new item to, and give it a unique item code.
You can add companions to a master record in this tab by clicking the Item Dropdown and selecting the companion you wish to add.
If the item does not have companions, then the Companions attached to the Group Master record will be used instead.