Preview a statement for a single customer
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Sales/Hire > Customer Overview.
- Look up the existing customer to show their details and sales history.
- Click the Reports tab.
- There are two layout versions of the Statement. Both layouts summarise by Current/30/60/90.
- Outstanding - Only displays Invoices that still have money owing.
- Running Balance - Shows a history of Invoices & Payments with a running balance.
- You can choose to filter out any Invoices that are currently On Hire, i.e. Contracts. You can also show statements as at a particular date. The default options are the most common.
- The Invoice & Payment History option is normally used in the case where a customer disputes a statement and you need to provide a list of all transactions in a given date range.
- Click the Preview button to preview the statement, which can be printed, emailed or saved as PDF.
Email customer statements in bulk
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Sales > Batch Email Statements.
- Click the Filters button to ensure your filters are set to your preferred settings.
- You can include all outstanding invoices attachments to the emails by checking the Include Invoice Attachments option.
- Click Refresh to refresh the customer statement list.
- Click the first checkbox in the header row to select all customer statements.
- Click the Email Statements button at the top to begin emailing statements. Do not close the browser window or exit the page until all statements have finished emailing. This can take some time.
Set up a Statement email template
When emailing statements, if you have an email template set up called Statement then this template is used.
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Setup > Preferences > Email Templates/Settings.
- Click the Other Email Templates button towards the bottom.
- If you already have a template named Statement in the list then click this template to edit, otherwise click the New Email Template button.
- For a new template, click the Standard Template Names dropdown to the right of the Template Name field and choose Statement.
- Enter a BCC email address to send a copy to as an archive.
- Enter the relevant Subject and Message utilising the placeholders so this information is picked up automatically.
- Scroll down and click Save Changes when done.
Now this template will be used when emailing statements.