Quotes [with video]
Quote details are recorded through the same page as Booking & Invoices. You can enter a new Quote and later change it over to a Booking or Invoice at any time. Quote are not taken into account for hire stock availability and double-booking checks.
How to add a new Quote
- From the Main Menu, click Sales to open the Sales page. The Sales page allows you to select an existing customer, or setup a new customer on the spot.
- Select a customer from the Search for Customer box, or click the New Customer button if the customer has not been previously set up.
- Click the New Quote button.Quotes are NOT included in double-booking checks, but when you save the Quote it will cross check against other existing records. If you wish to allocate the stock for double-booking purposes you should create a Reservation rather than a Quote. The Reservation can always be cancelled at a later time.
- Enter the Booked From and Booked To dates.
- Staff is automatically select based on the user login.
- Select the item to quote from the Code column.
- Note: The item invoice line will highlight in red and show in the Double-Bookings tab if the item is potentially double-booked, where you can click the Availability (DrillDown) button for multiple items to view details on availability. In some cases the check will not complete until the Quote is actually saved, in which case the warning will be shown on the next landing page.
- Ensure that the Qty/Units is correct by reviewing the Time Span (Estimated) and check that the Price and Tax columns are correct.
- Click Save when completed.
- Quotes can be preview and printed or emailed.