Customer Specific Invoice Email Template
The placeholders available in Email Templates allows you to set up only a few email templates, and have a completely flexible, intelligent, and personalised email for all of your customers.
Occasionally, you might have one customer who you want to have an extra special email template, just for them.
Or, perhaps you use the View Invoice button in your main email template, but you have a customer who needs the PDF to go out with every email so it can be ingested into their accounting system automatically.
Luckily, you can define customer specific email templates.
Assign a Default Template for a Customer
Create the template
- Navigate to Setup > Preferences > Email Templates & Settings
- Click the Other Templates button at the bottom of the screen
- Follow the Email Templates Help Article to set up a custom template specific to your customer
- Press Save
Assign your Template to your Customer(s)
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Setup > Customers.
- Click a Customer to edit.
- Click the Account / Payment Terms sub-heading to expose this section.
- Select a template from the Invoice Email Template dropdown.
- Press Save
From here, create a test invoice for the customer and attempt to send it (don't actually send it). You will notice on the email screen, that your new customer-specific template has been selected by default for this customer.