The POS interface for sales allows quick transactions for 'Sales' items. The interface allows for pre-set POS buttons that are linked to commonly sold items. Items can be added to the sale either by scanning a barcode, manually typing an item code or description, or by clicking a pre-set POS button.
How to add a POS button
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Setup > Items.
- Lookup a sales item or add a new sales item. NOTE
The 'Item Type' that is set against the item determines whether the item is Hire or Sales. The 'Non Stock' box is checked for non tangible sales such as delivery, surcharges and so on.
- Click the 'Stock Control' tab.
- Check the 'POS Button' checkbox which is located just below the Barcode field.
- Click 'Save Changes' to save the record.