How to set up connection to QuickBooks Online
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Setup > Preferences > Accounting/API’s.
- Select QuickBooks Online from the Accounting Software options.
- Scroll down to bottom of page then click Save Changes.
How to export invoices to QuickBooks Online
- Click the QuickBooks button on the main screen in HirePOS.
- A second browser tab will open, Sign in to QuickBooks.
- Enter your QuickBooks credentials and sign in.
A popup will appear "Authorize Intuit to securely share your data to HirePOS v5".
- Click the "Connect" button at bottom right side of page.
You are then redirected to the QuickBooks Export page.
- Date range will default to current month. Change date range to view preferred range to export if required.
- Check all invoices or choose specific invoices as required.
- Click the "Sync With QuickBooks" button to send the invoices to QuickBooks.
- Log out of the session by clicking your username at the top right of the QuickBooks Export page.
You cannot update an invoice that is already posted, however you can remove the invoice from QuickBooks, and then re-post it from HirePOS. To flag a record as not synced, you can check a record then click the "Mark As Pending" button. This will remove it's synced status and the record can then be re-synced back over to QuickBooks. The "Options" tab includes a setting to show or hide synced records.