Accessed via the Payments menu in the main menu strip at the top, the Payments Outstanding screen gives an overview of all outstanding invoices, and allows you to send overdue reminders in bulk using an email template set up specifically for overdue reminders. The Date Due and Amounts are based on the Invoice Due Date field in the Other tab of the Invoice screen. This field can be automated by setting up Payment Terms. If no Invoice Due Date is populated then the Invoice Date is used as the Due Date.
There are three tab in the Payments Outstanding screen.
- 30/60/90 - On screen version of the Payments Outstanding 30/60/90 report.
- Date Due - Lists all customers from the oldest outstanding invoice to the latest.
- Send Overdue Reminders - Allows overdue reminders to be emailed with a custom email template. Only invoices that have already been sent will appear in the Send Overdue Reminders list.
Set up an Overdue Reminders email template
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Setup > Preferences > Email Templates & Settings.
- Click the Other Email Templates button towards the bottom.
- Click the New Email Template button at the top.
- Enter the Template Name, i.e. Overdue Reminders.
- Populate the remaining fields as required, using the Insert Placeholder dropdown to the right of the Subject and Message to automate any fields where you can. Always send a test email to ensure the placeholders you are using work in the context of the email you're sending.
- Click the Save New button towards the bottom.
How to email overdue reminders
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Payments > Payments Outstanding.
- Click the Send Overdue Reminders tab.
- From the Email Template dropdown, select the Overdue Reminders email template that you have previously set up. This template will be remembered for next time.
- Select the invoices to email from the checkboxes on the far left. You can click the checkbox in the header row to select all.
Important Note: Only invoices that have already been sent will appear in the Send Overdue Reminders list. i.e. Invoices that have been sent individually via the Invoice screen or sent in bulk via Sales > Email/Review Invoices. This avoids sending overdue reminders to customers that did not initially receive their invoices. These unsent invoices will appear in red and cannot be selected.
- Click the Email Invoice button to send out the overdue reminders.