Wagebook - Calculate leave/sick hours accrued
Calculating Annual Leave
- The NES (National Employment Standards) considers a full-time work week to be 38 hours.
- A normal working day is therefore 7.6 hours (38 hours / 5 days).
- 4 weeks annual leave equals 20 days, (5 days × 4 weeks).
- Every day you accumulate 0.416438356 hours of leave (20 days × 7.6 hours / 365 days) = "accumulation rate".
- Two formulas give us your annual leave entitlement in hours and days.
- Hours accumulated = Days worked × Accumulation rate (0.416438356)
- Days accumulated = Days worked × Accumulation rate (0.416438356) / 7.6
Example: For a standard 38 hour week the formula to get the Annual Leave Divider is:
Annual Leave Divider = 38 / (0.416438356 X 7)
Annual Leave Divider = 13.03571429085996
Which is calculated as 2.915068 hours accumulated for a standard 38 hour week.
Enter the Annual Leave Divider in the Wagebook tab in the Staff setup as 13.03571429085996
- 0.416438356 × Average days worked per week / 5
You can use the Leave Calculator to find out how much annual or sick / carer's leave has accumulated under your award or under the National Employment Standards (NES). Always use this calculator to cross-check any calculated leave.
Calculating Sick Leave
Sick Leave Entitlements
- The current entitlement is 60.8 hours (8 days) per year sick leave which is pro-rata for permanent part-time staff.
- Casual staff are not entitled to sick leave.
Sick Leave Accrual
- This entitlement will accrue at the rate of:
- 7.6 hours sick leave for each 6 weeks of employment.
- 60.8 ÷ 52 weeks (including paid sick, annual & long service leave) = 1.1692 hours per week.
- 1.1692 ÷ 38 (hours per week) = 0.0308 hours per hour paid (including paid sick and annual
- The hourly accrual figure is used for calculating accrual for both part-time and full-time employees.
- Example: If an employee works 20 hours per week = 0.0308 x 20 = 0.616 hours sick leave accrual per week.