The Sales Stocktake screen is used to count what is physically in stock versus what you have recorded in the system. By setting a Last Stocktake Date and Quantity, you are effectively resetting the stock count as at that date/time, and the system will only count usage or receivals 'after' that date/time to give you the current stock on hand.
Stocktake figures can be entered individually via Setup > Items > Item details > Stock Control tab, or they can be entered in bulk via the Sales Stocktake screen, which can be accessed via Setup > Item Related > Sales Stocktake.
New Bulk Sales Stocktake
- Go to Setup > Item Related > Sales Stocktake.
- On the Sales Stocktake screen, click the New Stocktake button. This will clear out all current stocktake quantities and date/times on your sales items.
- Ensure the Stocktake Date/Time is correct. It will default to the current date/time.
- Enter the counts in the Stocktake Qty field or use the plus/minus buttons to adjust (which is quicker to enter for smaller numbers of items). The Stocktake Date will automatically populate.
- You can view the sales stocktake at any time by clicking the Preview Sales Stocktake button.
This information can be viewed on a per-item basis by going to the Stock Control tab for an item, then clicking the Stock Movements button.
Committing the stocktake
When you've completed a count on an item, you can click the commit button on the right-hand side of each row to apply the counted items to the Live "Currently-in-stock" values used in availability checks.
Additionally, the screen can be filtered by Item type and/or category.
This means, you can click the Commit all button at the top of the screen to commit all counted values for the currently selected Item type/category filters.
If you've got the Branches module enabled, then you will need to specify which branch you are doing a stocktake in.
The Branches module will change how the Stocktake screen functions as well, adding a few new columns.
Qty Expected : After you commence a new stocktake by clicking the New stocktake button, this field will be filled in with the currently-in-stock value, as of the time of the button being pressed.
Stocktake Qty: This is the "Counted" column, the amount of items that have currently been counted in the current stocktake.