The Sales Stocktake screen is used to count what is physically in stock versus what you have recorded in the system. By setting a Last Stocktake Date and Quantity, you are effectively resetting the stock count as at that date/time, and the system will only count usage or receivals 'after' that date/time to give you the current stock on hand.
Stocktake figures can be entered individually via Setup > Items > Item details > Stock Control tab, or they can be entered in bulk via the Sales Stocktake screen, which can be accessed via Setup > Item Related > Sales Stocktake.
New Bulk Sales Stocktake
- Go to Setup > Item Related > Sales Stocktake.
- On the Sales Stocktake screen, click the New Stocktake button. This will clear out all current stocktake quantities and date/times on your sales items.
- Ensure the Stocktake Date/Time is correct. It will default to the current date/time.
- Enter the counts in the Stocktake Qty field or use the plus/minus buttons to adjust (which is quicker to enter for smaller numbers of items).
- You can view the sales stocktake at any time by clicking the Preview Sales Stocktake button.
This information can be viewed on a per-item basis by going to the Stock Control tab for an item, then clicking the Stock Movements button.
Import Stocktake via Import CSV
Alternatively, stocktake figures can be imported via CSV file.
- Review the CSV Import & Preparing Data doc.
- Check the format of your CSV file. First row must have column headings, no specific heading name or order. Columns required are Item Code, Last Stocktake Date, and Last Stocktake Quantity. Use the standard date format of DD/MM/YYYY.
- Click the New Stocktake button to begin a new stocktake. This won't affect your current stock levels, and will just clear out any temporary figures you may have entered. After you're happy with the stocktake figures, you will finally commit the figures to update the real stock levels.
- In the Sales Stocktake screen, click the Import CSV button.
- Browse for the CSV file on your computer.
- Click the Preview Data button.
- The first row of headers listed are the columns in your CSV file. The second row underneath the Belongs to... are the columns in HirePOS that you need to match to. Click in these cells to select the matching column from the dropdowns.
- Review your data, and towards the bottom of the page, click the Import Data button.
- The data will be processed, and finally you will be redirected back to the Sales Stocktake screen, with the Stocktake Qty column now populated.
- You may click the Preview Sales Stocktake button to ensure everything looks okay.
- Finally, in the Sales Stocktake screen, click the Commit All button to commit the figures and adjust the actual stock levels.
Committing the stocktake
When you've completed a count on an item, you can click the commit button on the right-hand side of each row to apply the counted items to the Live "Currently-in-stock" values used in availability checks.
Additionally, the screen can be filtered by Item type and/or category.
This means, you can click the Commit all button at the top of the screen to commit all counted values for the currently selected Item type/category filters.
If you've got the Branches module enabled, then you will need to specify which branch you are doing a stocktake in.
The Branches module will change how the Stocktake screen functions as well, adding a few new columns.
Qty Expected : After you commence a new stocktake by clicking the New stocktake button, this field will be filled in with the currently-in-stock value, as of the time of the button being pressed.
Stocktake Qty: This is the "Counted" column, the amount of items that have currently been counted in the current stocktake.