How to merge customers
When creating new customers, HirePOS will warn you if the Company and/or First/Last Names are identical to any previously entered customers. In the case where customers have accidentally been duplicated, they can be merged.
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Setup > Customers.
- Lookup the customer you wish to merge and click the row to edit the customer.
This is the customer you would like to make 'inactive' and merge with the correct 'active' customer.
- In the Customer details screen, click the Options button at the top-right, then choose the 'Merge Customer' option.
- In the 'Merge With Customer' dropdown, select the correct 'active' customer you wish to merge with.
The customers details will appear.
- Note: This action is not reversible. At least not through any automatic process.
Click the 'Merge Customers' button to complete the process.
A warning will appear. Confirm that you are sure.
The incorrect customer will be made inactive, and the customer's invoice and payment history will be merged with the correct customer.