The Credit Limit field in Customer details determines whether the customer is an Account or Cash customer.
How to edit customer credit limit
- Go to Setup > Customers, search for customer then click customer to edit.
- In the customer details page click the Account / Payment Terms subheading.
- Change the Credit Limit field to 0 for Cash customer.
- Leave Credit Limit blank for Account Customer with no limit.
- Enter an amount for an Account Customer with a specific limit.
The Stop Credit field will keep the customer active, however new quotes bookings and invoices cannot be created via the Sales page. A warning shows in the Sales page, and Payments can still be processed.