The Credit Limit field in Customer details determines whether the customer is an Account or Cash customer.
How to edit customer credit limit
- Go to Setup > Customers, search for customer then click customer to edit.
- In the customer details page click the Account / Payment Terms subheading.
- Change the Credit Limit field to 0 for Cash customer.
- Leave Credit Limit blank for Account Customer with no limit.
- Enter an amount for an Account Customer with a specific limit.
Default new customers to cash
You can default all new customers to be cash customers (with a $0.00 credit limit) by changing the following preference.
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Setup > Preferences.
- Click the Miscellaneous menu option.
- Check the Default New Customers to Cash Customers checkbox.
- Click Save Changes.
The Stop Credit field will keep the customer active, however new quotes bookings and invoices cannot be created via the Sales page. A warning shows in the Sales page, and Payments can still be processed.
To put a customer on Stop Credit, check the red Stop Credit! checkbox in the Account / Payments Terms section in the Customer setup details screen.