Adding New Customers via the Sales Screen (Quick Method) [with video]
HirePOS features two distinct ways to add new customers to the system.
- For detailed control of the customer database, one can use the Setup > Customers area.
- For quick additions, it is possible to create a new customer as a part of the quoting or sales process via the Sales > Sales screen.
Adding New Customers Via the Sales Screen
- Navigate to Sales > Sales
- Perform a search to ensure the customer you are intending to create does not exist. (The search will return results for names of both people and companies)
- When ready, simply click New Customer, either in the dropdown or on the sales page.
- Enter either a company name or the name of a person at a minimum.
- Add an email address for the customer if desiredThe email address you enter here becomes the primary email address for the customer and is the default address that HirePOS will use to send the customer emails, including your quotes and invoices, statements, and CRM communications.
- Add a phone number for the customer.
- Add a mobile number for the customer. This number will be used for SMS messages by default.As a security measure, all phone and mobile numbers are cross-checked against all other customers and contacts in the system to ensure the numbers have not been used before, i.e. on a bad paying customer coming through under a new name.
- If desired, capture the customer's drivers licence using the "Driver Licence Details" button at the bottom of the screen.As a security measure, all license numbers are cross-checked against all other customers and contacts in the system to ensure the license numbers have not been used before, i.e. on a bad paying customer coming through under a new name.
- Press "Save".
Tip: It is possible to make many of the fields on this screen mandatory. To find out more, search the help centre for an article on "Restrictions"
Tip: If instead of pressing "Save" you use the dropdown menu on the save button, you can select "Save and Edit" which will take you to the Setup > Customers screen allowing you to capture more in-depth and detailed information about your customer, and set things like default discounts, credit limits, and payment terms.