Calendar Day Setting
The 'Calendar Day' setting excludes any time component and includes the start and finish day. So regardless of what time a hire starts and finishes, the whole days are included.
For example, if a hire starts 6am on Monday and finishes 5pm on Wednesday, this is calculated as 3 Calendar Days, i.e. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
How to change the calenday day setting for a selling unit
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Setup > Item Related > Selling Units.
- Click the selling unit to edit.
- Check the 'Base on Calendar Day (Exclude Times)' checkbox in the 'Time Span' tab.
- Click 'Save Changes'.
How to apply calendar days using the Time Span
- In the Invoice screen, click the Time Span (Est) or Time Span (Act) field.
- Enter the number of Days to charge the customer.
- Check the 'Calendar Days' checkbox.
- Click 'OK'.
Note: The 'Booked To' and 'Hired To' fields will ignore the times and leave the hours/minutes at the original time. The invoice line units that have the calenday day option set will calculate the same days as entered in the Time Span.