Xero Purchase Orders (Export)
Purchase Orders can be exported from HirePOS to Xero once the purchase orders are received, and later copied to a Bill in Xero to be paid.
Setup Xero Expense Codes
To export a purchase order, you must have Xero Expense Codes (chart of account codes) that reference the HirePOS items either via the Item Types or the Item Categories. If you have codes at the Item Category level they will be used, otherwise the Item Type codes will be used.
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Setup > Item Related > Item Types (or Item Categories).
- Click an Item Type to edit.
- Enter the relevant Xero chart of accounts code in the Xero Expense Code field. For example, Xero uses code 310 for Cost of Goods Sold by default.
- Click Save Changes.
Link the Xero Tax Rates
In the Xero app, under Accounting > Advanced > Tax rates, all the tax rates are listed, each with a Name. This name needs to be copied to the relevant Tax Code in HirePOS.
- In HirePOS, from the main menu strip at the top, go to Setup > Tax Codes.
- Click a Tax Code to edit.
- Copy the relevant Xero Tax Rate Name into the Xero Tax (Expense) field.
- Click Save Changes.
Purchase Orders in HirePOS
A single Purchase Order in HirePOS could have any number of items on order. Refer to the Purchase Orders help doc for general information on Purchase Orders. As ordered items are received via the Receive Order button in the Purchase Orders screen, they can be exported to Xero. As items are partially received, then any subsequent items received will be allocated a different version number for each receival event. The version number is appended to the Order Number when exported so that the original purchase order can be split into separate purchase orders based on when they were received. Only received items can be exported to Xero as a Purchase Order to be paid.
Export Purchase Orders to Xero
- From the main screen, click the Xero button to launch the Xero exporter. Refer to the Xero help doc for general information on linking with Xero.
- In the Xero exporter, click the Orders tab.
Note: If your original order was order number 1000 and you partially received some items on one day and some more items on a later date, then the list to be exported would read as Order No/Version 1000-1 and 1000-2. You do not have to receive the entire original order to be able to export. Each receival is exported on the assumption the goods have been received into stock and are now payable.
- Check the orders to be exported using the checkboxes on the left of the screen.
- Click the Xero Transfer button towards the top left of the page to push the purchase orders to Xero.
- The purchase orders will be placed into the Draft tab of Xero's purchase order screen.