HirePOS provides a quick and easy till count/till cashup tool to help you quickly count out your till at the end of the day, and restore the float.
This feature is designed primarily to identify any human error that has occured in the payment receival process, and has no direct bearing on your payments reports.
Till Count Overview
You can access the Till Count screen from the Home Screen (Reminders Screen) of HirePOS.
Simply press the Till Count button towards the bottom of the quick link buttons on the left hand side of the screen.
Once inside, you will see an area allowing you to select the time and date that you are performing the till count, an area to count in your notes and coins, and a section off to the right for totals and adjustments.
There are also options below to review Recent Till Cashups and generate todays Daily Takings Report
This screen won't look at other accounts.
Performing a Till Count
To perform a till count (normally an end of day task), simply:
- Open the Till Count page from the Reminders Screen
- Input a quantity for each denomination present in your till
- Check that your Opening Balance (Till Float) is correct
- Observe any variance in the Total Till Takings field in the bottom right corner of the screen
- Make any corrections if required
- Press Save & Complete to finish the cashup
Till Count FAQs
What if I have a variance?
- You have miscounted
- The till actually has more/less money in it than it should
- There is/are incorrect payment record(s) in the system for the day (usually with the wrong Method or Account selected)
- The Opening Balance (Till Float) is not correct.