Google Places/Maps API
How to activate Google Places/Maps API
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Setup > Preferences > Accounting/API's.
- Go to https://cloud.google.com/maps-platform then click 'Get Started'.
- You will need a Google account. Either sign in or create a new Google account.
- Enter a name for the project, e.g. 'HirePOS', or leave the default 'My Project' name.
- Read and agree to the terms of service if acceptable, then click Next.
- Create a 'Billing Account'. This will require your business details and credit card details to proceed.
- Enable the Places API.
An 'Enable Google Maps Platform' will appear with an API key and a message 'You're all set!'.
- Important: In the Google API Credentials, you should add an 'Application restriction' to restrict the API Key access from the HTTP referrer (web site). Please add both of the following entries:
- Copy the API Key to the 'Places API Key' field in HirePOS in Setup > Preferences > Accounting/API's.
- Click the 'Test API Key' button to test the key.
This will take you to a page which has an Address field.
- Start typing an address into the Address field and you should see a drop down list with addresses.
- Click Close.
- You can now use the address lookup functionality in most address fields throughout the app!