There are 3 possible scenarios when transferring stock from branch to branch.
- Transferring a 'single' (Quantity For Hire = 1) item to another branch.
In this scenario the Branch dropdown at the top of the Item details screen will switch from one branch to another.
- Transferring a 'multiple' (Quantity For Hire > 1) item to another branch.
In this scenario the quantity of items listed in the 'Branch Quantities' button in the Item details screen will be reduced at the 'from' branch and increased at the 'to' branch.
- Transferring a Serial Tracking 'multiple' (Quantity For Hire > 1) item to another branch.
In this scenario the Branch listed in the 'Serial Tracking' button that is assigned to that Serial Number will switch from one branch to another.
How to transfer stock from branch to branch
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Setup > Items.
- Click the 'Branch Transfers' button.
- Click the 'New Branch Transfer' button.
This will open up the Branch Transfers (Hire) screen.
Note the 'Status' will default to 'Pending'. The purpose of the Pending/Completed option is to create the transfer when the items leave the branch and mark as completed when the items arrive at the destination branch.
- Select the 'From' and 'To' branches.
- Enter the date the items were dispatched and left the 'From' branch.
- Enter the date the items were received (or scheduled to be received) at the 'To' branch.
- Select your Staff record.
- Much like a Booking/Invoice you can now select the items via the Code column and enter the Qty if it's a bulk item.
- Enter any comments if required.
- Click 'Save New' to complete the record.
The quantities at the branches will now be adjusted accordingly provided the Status is marked as 'Completed'.