How to set up tracking categories
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Setup > Preferences > Accounting Integration.
- Click the Xero Tracking Categories link located towards the bottom left of the Xero section.
- Click New Tracking Category to add new categories as required.
Note: You must ensure the Tracking category name and the Category option matches what you have set up in Xero.
How to set up tracking categories for items
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Setup > Items.
- Click an item to edit.
- Click the +/- Category field name to expand the field and shoe the Xero Tracking Category field.
- Select the Xero Tracking Category you would like to assign against the item.
How to set up tracking categories for branches
Branches assigned to Invoices can be exported to Xero as Tracking Categories.
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Setup > Branches.
- Click the 'Tracking Categories' button.
- Click 'New Tracking Category'.
- The 'Tracking Group' must match the 'Tracking category name' as per your Xero 'Tracking Categories' setup. You would normally call this 'Branch'.
- The 'Tracking Name' must match the 'Category option' as per your Xero 'Tracking Categories' setup.
Your set up in HirePOS will be configured like the following screenshots relative to Xero.
Now you need to link the Tracking Category to the HirePOS Branch.
From the menu strip at the top, go to Setup > Branches.
- Select a branch to edit.
- Select the relevant Tracking Name from the Xero Tracking Name dropdown list.
Now when Invoices are exported, the Branch linked to the Invoice will be exported as a Tracking category against each of the Invoice lines in Xero. Be sure to test a few invoices before attempting to export a larger batch, to ensure you have your settings correct.