Check Availability When Adding Item to Booking
When adding an item to a Booking/Invoice via the "Code" column dropdown, the "Check Availability" link can be used to check available quantities prior to adding the item.
- Ensure you have the "Booked From" and "Booked To" dates entered, as these are required for the availability check.
- Narrow down the item dropdown list as much as you can by at least entering in the first few letters for the description or code.
- Click the 'Check Availability' link in the dropdown and the app will run the availability check on the first 25 items listed.
It will give you the Qty Available, and show anything that is completely booked out in red.
This feature is a great way to prevent adding an item that is already booked. But of course the app will always run a complete check after saving the Booking/Invoice and provide the relevant warnings.
How to increase the number of items checked for availability
As the availability check is quite resource intensive, only the first 25 items are checked by default, which is why the item search should be narrowed down as much as possible. This limit can be increased via the following procedure.
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Sales > Availability.
- Click the Options cog icon located next to the Filters button.
- Click the 'Paging Size' dropdown and adjust the paging size.
- Click the 'Save Changes' button.
Note: This setting also affects the paging in the Availability screen. The larger the number the longer it will take to return the results.