Zones can be used to categorise various delivery/pickup areas for the Delivery/Pickup Schedule and to also automate delivery charges based on Zone.
How to set up Zones
- From the main menu strip, go to Setup > Delivery/Pickup, then click the Zones option to open the Zones list.
- Click the New Zone button.
- Enter the Zone name (alphanumeric up to 20 characters max).
- Click Save New.
How to set up a Delivery charge item with Zones
- From the main menu strip, go to Setup > Items to open the Items List.
- Click New Item to add a new item.
- Enter Delivery Fee for example in the Description.
- Enter an Item Code, e.g. 'DEL'.
- Select an Item Type, normally a Misc or Non-stock item type.
- Click the Rates/Prices tab.
- In the Units columns select the various Zones and enter the relevant prices.
- Click Save Changes.
Using Zones on Invoices
- Click the Delivery/Pickup Details in the Invoice page.
- Use the dropdown arrow to the right of the City field to select a pre-set City/Postcode, or select a Zone from the Zone dropdown list.
- Click the Done button towards the bottom.
- When selecting the Delivery Charge item from the Code column on the Invoice, the Unit/Price will be automatically calculated based on the delivery zone.