Xero Payments (Export)
Payments are exported to Xero separately from Invoices.
To export payments to Xero you must first set up the Xero Chart Of Accounts Code in the matching HirePOS Bank Account record.
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Setup > Bank Accounts. Note: You must be an administrator to access this menu option.
- Click the bank account to edit.
- In the Bank Account details screen, enter the Xero Chart Of Accounts code for the matching bank account into the Xero Code field.
- Click Save Changes.
How to export payments to Xero
- From the main screen, click the Xero button to launch the Xero exporter. If you are not already logged into Xero, then you will be prompted to authenticate your login. Ensure you choose the correct company file if you have multiple companies in Xero.
- Click the Allow Access for 30 minutes button.
- Choose the relevant Date From and Date To filters. These default to the current month.
- Click the second tab, i.e. the Payments tab. Note the Account Code tab. It is essential that you export the payment to the correct Chart Of Accounts code for the Bank Account.
- Check the payments to be exported. You can click the checkbox in the header row to select all.
- Click the Xero Transfer button to post these payments over to Xero. This will take some time, and the screen will refresh once completed.