The report designer allows you to make adjustments to report templates if the layout cannot be achieved through the normal app settings. These templates are typically the quotes, bookings, invoices and delivery dockets. If you request custom changes, we will email you the .mrt report template file. You can think of this file like a Word doc, in that you load the doc into the report designer, make the changes, then save the file and email it back to us.
How to access the Report Designer
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Setup > Preferences > Report Custom Templates.
- Click the Report Designer button.
This will open the designer tool in a new tab in your browser.
- In the Report Designer, click the Open button.
- You should have the .mrt file that we emailed you saved on your local drive.
Now browse for the .mrt template file to load into the designer.
- You can make simple changes, like adding additional text components.
To do so, click the Insert menu, then Text option, as shown below.
- Further instructions on how to use the designer can be found at https://www.stimulsoft.com/en/documentation/online/user-manual/index.html?reports_designer.htm
- To save the report template file, you can either click the Save icon OR click File and then Save.
- Once completed, email the .mrt report template file back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org