Sales Orders can be used where a customer requests 'sales' goods which are not available in stock and need to be ordered in from a supplier.
The sales order does not appear in sales reports or sales figures. The sales order should be converted to an Invoice once the goods are received and can be provided to the customer.
How to create a Sales Order
- From the menu strip at the top of the main screen, go to Sales/Hire > Customer Overview.
Alternatively click the Sales button on the main screen.
- Lookup an existing customer or add a new customer.
- Click the dropdown to the right of the + New Invoice button, then click New Sales Order
Note there are no booked or hired dates visible in this screen, as this function is designed for sales only.
- Add items to the sales order as you would for an invoice.
- Save when completed.
How to create and link a Purchase Order to the Sales Order
- From the Sales Order screen, click the Options button at the top right side.
- Click the Create Purchase Order option from the dropdown menu.
Note the Purchase Order screen will open, and the Customer Invoice field is pre-populated with the related Invoice Number.
- Select a Supplier and complete the purchase order as usual.
Checking status of Sales Orders
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Sales/Hire > Find Sales/Hire.
- Click the Sales Orders tab.
This tab is a slightly different configuration to the other tabs. Both the Order No and Order Status columns are visible, which show the status of the Purchase Order that is linked to the invoice.