The "Projects" module allows you to track multiple quotes, bookings and invoices across a single project.
Activate the Projects module
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Setup > Preferences > Modules.
- Click the Projects module option to switch on the toggle to the right (coloured).
- Click the Save Changes button towards the bottom.
Create a new project
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Projects > New Project.
- Enter a name for the project (must be "unique" across all projects).
All other fields are "optional".
- Click the Save Changes button towards the bottom right.
Link a sales record to a project
There are two ways to link a sales record to a project.
- Click the Sales button towards the bottom of the Project screen, which redirects you to the Sales/Hire (Customer Overview) screen. Add a new Quote, Booking or Invoice, and the Project dropdown on the sales record screen will automatically default to the project that you navigated from.
- Alternatively, you can go directly to the Sales/Hire (Customer Overview) screen and to the sales record itself and then manually select the Project that sales record applies to.
View existing project details
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Projects > Projects List.
Projects are listed as Pending, In Progress, Completed (based on the estimated and actual start and finish dates) or Cancelled based on whether "all" sales records for the project have been cancelled.
- Search for a project, then click the project to edit.
Note that you can also add a new project from this screen as well.
- Any sales records or items that are connected to the project are displayed in the tabs towards the bottom of the Project Details screen. These can be edited directly from this screen.