The Delivery/Pickup Schedule is accessed via Sales/Hire > Delivery/Pickup Schedule and lists all delivery and pickup jobs required, based primarily on the Booked From and Booked To dates, and the Delivery/Pickup Schedule options selected in the Delivery/Pickup popup on the Booking/Invoice screen.
In addition, you can also include one off jobs entered as General Reminders, as well as Purchase Orders, and Onsite Services.
For deliveries, the job is marked as completed once in the On Hire status, i.e. the Hired From is entered.
For pickups, the job is completed once in the Returned status, i.e. the Hired To is entered.
The Hired From date should not be entered until the goods are delivered and the Hired To date should not be entered until the goods are returned back.
Scheduling a Delivery or Pickup
- On an invoice or Booking, you can edit the Delivery Pickup details by clicking the Delivery/Pickup details button (Shown Below, in both layouts)
- Then, fill in the Delivery Address details and make sure you specify Delivery Required, Pickup Required, or Delivery & Pickup Required.
This will automatically schedule a Delivery or Pickup as per the Booked-From or Booked-To date respectively.
However, you can override this with an If-Different date at the bottom of the D/P Prompt.
CRM > Reminders can be used to create general delivery/pickups that are not necessarily linked to a Booking/Invoice.
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to CRM > Reminders.
- Click the New Reminder button at the top.
- Change the Reminder Date to the date the delivery or pickup is required.
- Enter a Reminder Note to show to the driver.
- Click the Delivery/Pickup Schedule sub-heading to expand this section.
- Check the Include in Delivery Schedule or Include in Pickup Schedule checkbox as required.
- Click the Save New button. The general reminder will now appear in the Delivery/Pickup Schedule.
Any On-Site Service created, will show up in the Service tab, and the All tab.
You can change default delivery/pickup settings via Setup > Preferences > Misc > Delivery/Pickup. From here you can set the delivery/pickup terminology or select the default driver from the Delivery/Pickup Via, and set whether delivery or pickup is required by default.
Mark Off Individual Items
As standard, the whole job is marked as Completed, however you can configure the Delivery/Pickup screen to allow your drivers to mark off items as they are delivered or picked up, and also allow new items to be added (adjustments).
Refer to the Check Off doc for instructions on allowing items to be checked off.
Expenses/Orders > Purchase Orders can be used to create a general pickup that is not necessarily linked to a Booking/Invoice.
Refer to the Purchase Orders help doc for information on creating Purchase Orders.
- In the Purchase Order details screen, click the Edit Delivery/Pickup Details button.
- In the Delivery/Pickup Details popup, enter the address details, and then check the Pickup Required checkbox.
- Click the Done button.