Using the SMS functionality in HirePOS requires that you set up an account with SMS Express, our SMS provider for both New Zealand and Australia.
Create an account with SMS Express
- Navigate to https://smsexpress.com.au/
- Take the time to view the website, including the pricing page, and the free trial offer.
- Create an account by pressing "Try Free" on the home page.
SMS Settings in HirePOS
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Setup > Preferences > SMS Settings.
- Enter your SMS Express Username.
- Enter your SMS Express Password.
- If desired, enter a Sender ID
- If left blank, replies to your SMSs will go to your SMS Express portal.
- If you enter a valid mobile number, replies will go to that number.
- If you enter text (e.g. Company Name), your SMS's will be "no-reply" type messages.
- Click Save Changes.
Note: You will not be able to Check Credits until after you've saved your account settings.
Sending a Test SMS
The easiest way to test your configuration is by sending a single SMS message via the CRM menu.
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to CRM > Send SMS.
- Enter your mobile number in the Mobile Number (11 Chars Max) field.
- Enter a short test message in the Message (459 Chars Max) field.
- Review your Credits Available to ensure you have some credits.
- Click the Send SMS button.