HirePOS has the ability to set up any number of default unit prices against inventory and other chargeable items. Default prices can be set up against items via the 'Prices' tab in the Item Details page (Setup > Items > Item Details). Selling Units are either time or non time based. The time based units are used for auto calculating Qty/Units based on hire period.
How to set up Selling Units
- From the menu strip at the top, go to Setup > Item Related > Selling Units.
- Click an existing unit to edit or click 'New Selling Unit' to create a new unit.
- Enter the Unit Description., e.g. Each, Hour, 1/2 Day, Day, Week, Month.
- For a time based unit you need to enter the 'Time Span' and 'Interval'. For best accuracy use the 'Hour' interval for any time based unit up to a month. For intervals a month or more use Days. A 'Day' unit is normally set up as 24 Hour. See common examples below.
- Time Span - Number of intervals for the time based unit. Must be numeric whole number value.
- Interval - Period of time. Total duration = Time Span X Interval.
- Base on Calendar Day - Excludes the time component when auto calculating Qty/Units on invoice, i.e. 12 am to 12 am.
- Minimum - Minimum units to charge, normally left empty.
- Maximum - Maximum units to charge before switching to next longest unit duration.
- Grace Period - Number of hours to deduct in auto calculation. For example if the Grace Period is set to 2 for a Day unit then the system would allow up to 2 hours over time, i.e. 26 hours of hire before switching over to 2 Days.
- Exclude Weekends - Looks for any weekend days in the hire period and deducts from the auto calculation.
- Exclude Sundays - Looks for any weekend days in the hire period and deducts from the auto calculation.
Common Selling Units
5 Day Week
Exclude Weekends = True
Rounding = 1
Round Up = True
Use Even Rounding (1.2, 1.4, 1.6, etc.) = True