The online store module allows you to receive bookings in real time via the HirePOS online store. A typical store layout consists of the 'Featured' page, 'Category' pages, and individual item pages. The 'Featured' page is the main landing page where the customer can choose a number of items you have marked as 'Featured', or they can choose the Categories link and browse your items by category.
Activate the Online Store module
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Setup > Preferences > Modules.
- Check the "Online Store" checkbox.
- Click Save Changes.
The ‘Online Store’ button will show on the Main Menu.
How to set up Store Items
- Go to Setup > Preferences > Online Store > Setup Store Items.
- Use the checkboxes to select items you would like to show in the Online Store.
- Click the 'Activate Store Items'. This process copies the Item Code to the Website Code, and the Item Description to the Website Description field.
To show an Item in the Online Store, you need to set a “Website Code” for the item as well as a “Website Description” which can be done in bulk via the above process. If you have multiple items in your inventory that are the same item as far as the Online Store is concerned, then you give all those items the same “Website Code”, however you only need to enter a “Website Description” and select an image for one of these items, i.e. the first of the items. Do not enter the description for the other items of the same website code.
Click the “Online Store” button on the main page to show the “Online Store Bookings/Orders” page.Note: Any new orders received will show a number badge beside the Online Store button.
Check for Online Bookings/Orders
Click the “Online Store” button on the main page to show the “Online Store Bookings/Orders” page.Note: Any new orders received will show a number badge beside the Online Store button.Any new online bookings/orders will be listed from the oldest to the newest.To manually refresh you can also click the “Check for Bookings/Orders” button at the top.
Process Online Bookings/Orders
- Click the booking/order in the “Online Store Bookings/Orders” page.
The “Online Store Booking/Order Details” page will display and show all the details.
- Select existing customer to match order with, or leave blank to auto add as a new customer.
- Click “Accept” to accept the order, or click 'Decline' if you wish to decline the order.
How to customise the store appearance
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Setup > Preferences > Online Store.
- Change any of these settings to suit your business theme or processes.
- Click Save Changes when completed.
- View your online store to see the changes.