There are two ways to complete a partial return.
Partial return via the “Returns” method:
This is the easiest way to do a partial return, to create a partial return on an item:
- Navigate to Sales > Returns select the item/invoice you want to return.
- Tick the checkbox next to the item, this will automatically set the entire Hired Qty to be returned.
- Fill in the amount that are still hired or damaged
At this point, you can click return items now, in which case on the invoice the partial return will be on the same line as the items still on hire.
Partial return via the “Invoice” method:
- When editing an on-hire invoice, Click Show Line Details.
- Enter a Specific Hired-To Date, this will be the date the item is returned.
Depending on several factors, you may need to manually run AutoCalc after doing a partial return this way in order to calculate your new price. This can be easily done by pressing the blue AutoCalc link above the totalling section of the invoice screen.