Whilst email is the primary communication tool used by the majority of HirePOS users, SMS is a very powerful tool for customer communication and time-sensitive calls to action.
Within HirePOS, there are multiple ways to leverage the power of SMS:
- Normal SMS messages
- Sales SMS messages with actionable links for Quotes, Bookings, Invoices and Payments
- Bulk SMS messages send to many customers based on a set of filters and criteria
As a result, it is easy to immediately and efficiently communicate with your customers.
To make use of these features, be sure to have set up your SMS settings in Setup > Preferences > SMS Settings.
Additionally, it a good idea to have a set of SMS templates prepared in Setup > Preferences > SMS Templates.
How to send a sales/hire record via SMS
- Ensure your SMS service is set up via Setup > Preferences > SMS Settings.
- Set up an SMS template via Setup > Preferences > SMS Templates.
- In the SMS Template screen, above the Message field is an Insert Placeholder dropdown.
Click the dropdown, then click the Invoice Link placeholder option.
- Click the Save button to save the template.
- To send the SMS from the Sales screen, open up an Invoice (or any other sales record).
- Click the CRM tab.
- Click the SMS button located to the right.
- Select the relevant SMS Template.
- Click the Send SMS button located towards the bottom right.