The Contact Register was designed to record those entering the business premises for Covid-19 pandemic tracing purposes. Only the Contact Name and Phone Number are recorded. For privacy purposes, the information can not be extracted out directly from users of HirePOS. However a request can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org in the case of an audit or request, and we can forward the necessary information to the relevant authority, i.e. Ministry of Health or local district health board.
How to activate the Contact Register
- From the main menu strip at the top, go to Setup > Preferences > Restrictions.
- Click the Customer Fields Required sub-heading to expand the panel.
- Click the Use Contact Register option to slide the toggle to the right and switch on the setting.
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom right of the page.
Using the Contact Register
- On the Reminders List screen, you will now see a + Contact Register link as shown below. Click this button to show the Contact Register pop up.
- Enter in the Contact Name and Phone, then click Save.