The End Of Month Rollover closes off On Hire invoices at the end of each month and creates new On Hire invoices to carry the hires forward to the next month.
Which invoices can be rolled?
The Rollover Date is normally the 1st of the month, however the rollover can be carried out any time after the end of month, normally in the first few days.
All invoices that are still currently On Hire are shown in the EOM Rollover list. Only account customers are shown by default, however cash customers can also be included by changing the settings under the Filters button.
Overdue returns must be extended and cannot be rolled over. For open-ended invoices where the estimated return date is unknown, the Booked To TBA box should be checked in the invoice. The Extend Overdue TBA's button is then used to push the Booked To dates out to the end of the following month.
How to process an EOM Rollover
- From the Main Menu strip at the top, select Sales then EOM RollOver.
- Important Note: Make sure all returns have been processed in the system, otherwise the EOM Roller function will create unnecessary invoices.
- Click Lock Rolled Invoices if you wish to lock the invoice being rolled over to avoid staff altering the invoice after it's been rolled and finalised.
- Click the Extend Overdue TBA's button if applicable, to extend TBA invoices ready for Rollover.
- Click the RollOver Invoices button to begin processing the rollovers.
- This will close the hires of all the selected invoices to the rollover date, and generate new invoices for the following month.
The Autocalc method used in the rollover will retain the original Selling Unit and recalculate the Quantity based on the hire dates of the invoices. The quantities are re-calculated exactly as per the setup details of the selling units. So you will get the same result as per the normal autocalc.
Autocalc example 1
Hired To date will be entered as 1/11/2016 12:00 am. The invoice is now in the Returned status.
Qty is adjusted to 29 Days.
$ Total is recalculated based on the new Qty.
Note: The Quantity is recalculated just as though you created a new invoice from 3/10/2016 11:00am to 1/11/2016 12:00am, which is 28 Days 13 Hrs and is therefore rounded to 29 Days.
However the Selling Unit will remain as per the original invoice, so if this item had a Week unit in it's setup, it would still be calculated as Days as per the original invoice 1.
Autocalc example 2
A new invoice is created. Only hire items that were currently On Hire are carried forward. Sales and Non-Stock items are not carried forward. This invoice will be in the On Hire status.
Hired From date is entered as 1/11/2016 12:00 am.
Estimated Date From is retained as the original, i.e. 3/10/2016 11:00 am
Estimated Date To remains as 29/11/2016 11:00 am
Qty is entered as 29 Days and $ Total is calculated based on the new Qty.
You can simply delete the "Continued" invoice, and then edit the "Rolled" invoice, and remove the Rolled over date. you now have an open On-hire invoice again, and it can be rolled over again.
EOM RollOver Items
Only Hire items are rolled from one invoice to the next, however non-hire items can be duplicated from one invoice to the next by checking the EOM RollOver Item checkbox in the Configuration section in the Item set up details.